What is NAD+?
Nicotinamide adenine Dinucleotide is an essential molecule that participates in energy exchanges and metabolism throughout our body. It is a building block of energy exchange in a healthy body and brain.
Why is NAD+ Important?
NAD+ levels decline with age as well as in stressful conditions such as depression, addiction, infections, and other medical illness. This results in poor neurological and physical functioning seen in aging. Replacement of NAD+ increases clarity of mind, focus, concentration, improved energy, elevated mood, decreased anxiety, and fewer cravings.
What does NAD + do in the Body?
NAD+ is used in the production of energy as an electron transporter in metabolism.
DNA Repair requires NAD+ to activate PARPs, which detect and repair damaged DNA.
Gene Expression: Sirtuins are NAD dependent enzymes that regulate gene expression, increase metabolism, extend cell life, and prevent neurodegeneration.
NAD+ also functions as a neurotransmitter for cell-to-cell communications in smooth muscle and brain cells.
NAD+ and NADH are used in alcohol metabolism and metabolism of lactate.
What is NAD Therapy?
High dose NAD + delivered IV bypasses the liver and digestive system and enters cells to increase gene expression and help repair DNA. Treatment lasts 3 to 8 hours per session and may require multiple sessions depending on the protocol and condition.
Conditions Treated by NAD+ Therapy:
- Substance Abuse
- Addiction – Alcoholism | Opioid Abuse Disorders
- Neurodegenerative Disorders | Anti-aging | Parkinson’s Disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Brain Fog
Benefits of NAD + Therapy:
- Increased Energy
- Improved Mood
- Increased mental clarity
- Increased focus and concentration
- Reduced cravings and addiction
More About NAD+
NAD+ is short for Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide. NAD+ is an essential coenzyme in the body that regulates cellular energy metabolism and mitochondrial function. The mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell where energy is made and regulated.
Mitochondrial health equals overall health and increasing NAD+ levels result in more efficient gene transcription, energy regulation, DNA repair, gene expression, and cell signaling. Improving NAD+ levels are now considered the pivotal process for improving cardiovascular health, weight management, anti-aging, cognitive function, and neuroprotection. NAD+ is the most important cellular co-factor for improvement of mitochondrial performance and energy.
Chronic illness and diseases of aging result in depression, worsened stress, loss of health-span, and hopelessness. NAD+ therapy has been shown to be capable of dramatically reducing symptoms of these illnesses by boosting the body’s natural cell repair. In addition to chronic illness, NAD+ has been used to treat chronic stress, depression, and anxiety.
Dr. Sinclair published a groundbreaking paper which found that increasing NAD+ levels in older mice made the mitochondria of a 2 years old mice resemble those of a 6-month-old mouse when evaluated for critical biochemical markers of muscle health. Similar results of improved markers of aging have been seen in humans infused with NAD+, in which mitochondria appear to be rejuvenated. Scientists have shown that mice fed a high fat diet and then had their levels of NAD+ increased gained 60% less weight than mice on the same high fat diet without the NAD+ levels increased.
As organisms age, their NAD+ levels decline. Dysfunctional cellular energy metabolism in mitochondria is increasingly implicated in diseases of aging, autoimmune disease, muscle wasting, neuropathies and other conditions. NAD+ therapy seems to reverse these conditions of aging by allowing Sirtuins to access DNA transcription and repair.
NAD+ has a favorable profile on enhanced mitochondrial functioning and protects against age related axonal degeneration. This may be part of the reason for the positive impact in the treatment of patients with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Parkinson’s Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease.
Vitamin Infusions at NOVA Health Recovery
|Athletic Recovery & Performance • Myer’s-PLUS • Multi-Amino Acid-5||Ascorbic Acid 2500mg/Pyridoxine 102mg/Riboflavin 2mg/ Niacinamide 100mg/Thiamine 100mg/Hydroxocobalamin 2mg/ Dexpanthenol 252mg • L-Arginine 500mg/Ornithine 250mg/L-Glutamine 150mg/ Glycine 25mg/L-Leucine 75mg|
|Detox • Alpha Lipoic Acid 50mg/mL (10mL x 3 vials) • Glutathione 200mg/mL (30mL x 1 vial)||• Alpha Lipoic Acid 500mg (10mL) • Glutathione 1000mg (10mL)|
|Emergency Plan—Immunity • Myer’s-PLUS • Lysine/Zinc Blend||Ascorbic Acid 2500mg/Pyridoxine 102mg/Riboflavin 2mg/ Niacinamide 100mg/Thiamine 100mg/Hydroxocobalamin 2mg/ Dexpanthenol 252mg (20mL) • Lysine 100mg/Zinc 5mg (1mL)|
|Refresh & Rehydrate • Myer’s-PLUS • Multi-Trace Mineral-6||Ascorbic Acid 2500mg/Pyridoxine 102mg/Riboflavin 2mg/ Niacinamide 100mg/Thiamine 100mg/Hydroxocobalamin 2mg/ Dexpanthenol 252mg (20mL) • Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate 400mg/Calcium 100mg/ Zinc 5mg/Manganese 1mg/Copper 1mg/Selenium 200mcg|
|Youth & Vitality • Myer’s-PLUS • Glutathione 200mg/mL||• Ascorbic Acid 2500mg/Pyridoxine 102mg/Riboflavin 2mg/ Niacinamide 100mg/Thiamine 100mg/Hydroxocobalamin 2mg/ Dexpanthenol 252mg • Glutathione 1000mg|
|The Mini||Vitamin C: 20 Grams Magnesium Chloride 2 grams Calcium Gluconate: 3 grams Folic acid 1 mg B complex with methyl B12 Selenium 200 mg|
|Lipotropic-PLUS Injection Fat Burner||Hydroxocobalamin 1mg/Niacinamide 15mg/ Pyridoxine 15mg/Riboflavin 2mg/Methionine 15mg/ Inositol 50mg/Choline 50mg/Thiamine 5mg/ Lidocaine 10mg/L-Carnitine 50mg|
NOVA Health Recovery IV Vitamin and Nutrition
Why use IV Vitamin Therapy?
Intravenous (IV) therapy is a method of feeding vitamins, minerals, and amino acids directly into the bloodstream used to correct intracellular nutrient deficiencies. Oral intake of such high doses is simply not possible due to absorption limitations from the digestive process. Patients can get up to 10 times the nutrients in one treatment as they could get orally in one day. In certain diseases, the cell membrane capacity to maintain high concentrations of nutrients may be limited and hence the need for higher blood levels through an IV.
Nutritional deficiencies are widespread yet highly undetected. We may not develop scurvy from low vitamin C levels because our body can triage the necessary Vitamins from one site to another to compensate. This results in low nutritional levels in the body and leads to internal ‘rusting.’
Processed foods, eating at the wrong time , excess calories, insomnia, stress, depression, medicines, lack of exercise, environmental toxins, chronic medical diseases, and addictions all result in nutritional deficiencies of Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and anti-oxidants which leads to metabolic stress, neuro-inflammation, and unhealthy aging.
Do you suffer from brain fog, fibromyalgia, insomnia, hypersomnia, obesity, low energy, depression, or addictions? IV Vitamin therapies are an excellent opportunity to kick your metabolism in gear, If you are an athlete looking for improved performance, IV Vitamin C and anti-oxidants are what you need.
What nutrients can IV Therapy replace?
IV therapies can rapidly replace amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. Some formulas can be tailored to your condition or personal needs. Our formulas generally contain:
Vitamin C : A major anti-oxidant and immune booster. It prevents us from ‘rusting’ in a toxic environment. Vitamin C in needed for growth and repair of our tissues such as cartilage and skin.
B12 – Methylcobalamin :A water-soluble vitamin with a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and for the formation of blood. Abnormalities can affect DNA formation.
B Complex : B-complex 100 is a combination of B vitamins. 100 mg of NIACIN (B3), THIAMINE (B1) and 2mg of DEXAPENTHANOL (B5), RIBOFLAVIN (B2), PYRIDOXINE (B6). All B vitamins help the body convert food (carbohydrates) into fuel (glucose), which is used to produce energy. The principal functions of pantothenic acid (B5) are through Coenzyme A which is required for synthesis of essential fats, sterols, steroid hormones, melatonin, acetylcholine, and blood. It is needed for normal brain development and function, and helps the body make the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which influence mood, and melatonin, which helps regulate the body clock.
Magnesium : Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes normal blood pressure, and is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis. There is an increased interest in the role of magnesium in preventing and managing disorders such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes.
Selenium : Selenium is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, which are important antioxidant enzymes. The antioxidant properties of selenoproteins help prevent cellular damage from free radicals. Free radicals are natural by-products of oxygen metabolism that may contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
Multi Trace Minerals: (Zinc, Manganese, Copper) : Copper is important in wound healing and bone health. Manganese helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones. It also plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation. Zinc is required for the catalytic activity of approximately 100 enzymes and it plays a role in immune function, protein synthesis, wound healing, DNA synthesis, and cell division.
Glutathione: The MASTER anti-oxidant. Glutathione is the molecule that detoxifies us from the ‘rust’ we obtain living in our environment. This is a key molecule in decreasing the toxicities created in our day-to-day metabolism.
The Myer’s Cocktail is one of the more commonly known vitamin therapies and is sometimes referred to as the “Wellness” cocktail. It consists of Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, B complex, and Vitamin C. It is excellent to use in people who feel stressed out or fatigued.
Benefits of IV Vitamins:
- Better Immune status
- More energy
- Decreased pain
- Less oxidation and aging
- Enhanced Athletic performance
- Enhanced post-surgical recovery
- Increased metabolic rate
- Weight Loss
- Better Mood Less Depression
Who Should Consider IV Vitamin Therapies?
- Athletes seeking performance
- Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia
- Chronic pain
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Addiction Disorders
- Pre and Post-operative patients for healing
- Excess Weight
- Excess Hair Loss
WHAT IS IN A MYERS- Plus COCKTAIL?
It is a mixture of B vitamins including Pyridoxine, Thiamine, Riboflavin, niacinamide, and hydroxycobolamin as well as Vitamin C .
What does a Myer’s Cocktail Treat?
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle spasms
- Migraine disorders
- Cardiovascular disease
- Alcohol and drug detoxification
- Wound Healing
- Post-exercise recovery and pre-exercise energy
Why Use an IV versus Oral Administration?
- Intravenous administration of nutrients can achieve serum concentrations not obtainable with oral, or even intramuscular (IM), administration. For example, as the oral dose of vitamin C is increased progressively, the serum concentration of ascorbate tends to approach an upper limit. An antiviral effect of vitamin C has been demonstrated at a concentration of 10- 15 mg/dL,4 a level achievable with IV but not oral therapy. IV nutrient therapy may be more effective than oral or IM treatment for correcting intracellular nutrient deficits. In certain disease states, the capacity of membrane pumps to maintain normal concentration gradients may be compromised.
What Does Vitamin C do?
- Vitamin C IV has few side effects and has studies demonstrating decreased growth of pancreatic, liver, colon, and prostate cancer. It does so by increasing hydrogen peroxide in the cancer cells and preventing the production of blood vessels in cancer.
- Vitamin C improves physical, mental, and emotional functioning as well as fatigue, nausea, and vomiting in patients given IV formulations.
- Vitamin C in necessary for wound healing, building collagen, and is involved in the production of neurotransmitters.
- Vitamin C IV is involved in weight loss as those with reduced Vitamin C levels do not burn fat as well.
- Vitamin C supports immune functioning.
What Do The B Vitamins Do?
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) is converted into active forms that are involved in over 60 metabolic processes including fat, protein, and carbohydrate metabolism. Pyridoxine is essential for the formation of the calming neurotransmitter GABA as well as production of heme for blood. B6 deficiency results in dry skin, cracked lips, worsened premenstrual symptoms, low mood, weakened immune system (less antibodies), and peripheral neuropathy (tingling in hands and feet).
- Riboflavin (B2) helps convert food into energy and acts as an anti-oxidant.
- Niacin (B3) plays a role in cellular signaling, metabolism, and DNA production and repair.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) is essential in converting food into energy as well as peripheral and central nervous system functioning. We cannot produce our own thiamine. Symptoms of low thiamine include irritability, fatigue, low-energy, tingling in arms and legs, delirium, and weakness.
What are the Trace minerals Used For?
Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, Manganese, Copper, and selenium are in a refresh mixture:
- COPPER is essential as a cofactor for serum ceruloplasmin, an oxidase necessary for proper formation of the iron carrier protein, transferrin. Copper also helps maintain normal rates of red and white blood cell formation.
- MANGANESE is an activator for multiple enzymes such as polysaccharide polymerase, liver arginase, cholinesterase and pyruvate carboxylase.
- SELENIUM is part of glutathione peroxidase which protects cell components from oxidative damage due to peroxides produced in cellular metabolism.
- ZINC has been identified as a cofactor for over 70 different enzymes, including alkaline phosphatase, lactic dehydrogenase and both RNA and DNA polymerase. Zinc facilitates wound healing, helps maintain normal growth rates, normal skin hydration and senses of taste and smell.
How do The Amino Acids Help in Recovery and fitness?
- Leucine: Leucine works to help repair lean mass, regulate blood sugar, and maintain the body’s energy levels. L-leucine has also shown to temporarily increase the production of growth hormone Leucine is also an effective BCAA for preventing lean body mass loss because it is metabolized to glucose more quickly than either isoleucine or valine. Increased available glucose inhibits the body having to break down lean body mass for energy during intense exertion. Leucine is also involved in healing processes in bones, skin, and lean body mass tissue after traumatic injury. Because of this leucine is often administered in nutritional support for people recovering from surgery.
- Arginine : Arginine stimulates pituitary release of growth hormone in patients with normal pituitary function. It is also a precursor of nitric oxide, which is a potent vasodilator with antiplatelet activity. Benefits include increased blood flow. Arginine is converted by the body into another important substance – nitric oxide. Nitric oxide relaxes blood vessels which is vital for healthy blood flow to the heart and organs throughout the body (including genitals). Nitric oxide aids blood vessels to maintain the flexibility needed for unrestricted blood flow. This improved blood flow helps maintain both optimal blood pressure and a proper sexual function. L-arginine has been used in combination with various over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications for several conditions. For example: L-arginine has been used with ibuprofen to treat the symptoms of migraine headaches and combined with conventional chemotherapy drugs in the treatment of breast cancer, and with fish oil and certain supplements to help reduce infections, improve healing, and shorten recovery times after surgery.
- L-Ornithine: L-ornithine is another nitrogen precursor like arginine. Research shows that supplements containing l-ornithine may improve athletic performance, such as; speed, strength, and power. Studies have also shown that l-ornithine may help to support healthy wound recovery; this benefit is attributed to the role of l-ornithine in producing collagen. There is evidence that l-ornithine may act to decrease anxiety levels when combined with caffeine, possibly because l-ornithine has the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier.
- L-Citrulline: L-citrulline is an amino acid that boosts the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide acts to relax the arteries for improved blood flow throughout the body. Some studies indicate that l-citrulline may help people with diabetes that have circulatory issues such as slow wound healing.
- Glycine for joint repair: Glycine plays a vital role in collagen formation. It’s an important component for promoting joint, tendon, and ligament function and growth. Roughly 1/3 of collagen in the body is composed of glycine, and collagen is critical for the formation of the connective tissues that keep joints flexible and capable of successfully withstanding shocks. The body uses glycine during the biosynthesis of creatine; which supplies all muscles with a source of fuel to repair damage and grow stronger for endurance, strength, and performance. Glycine will work with other amino acids, including taurine and gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), to act as an inhibitory neurotransmitter. This role in nerve and neurotransmitter functions has implications for improving; sleep quality, mental performance, mood, memory, and behavior. Glycine also helps to rebuild the tissue that lines the digestive tract, keeping bacteria and food particles contained inside the gut, rather than exiting through tiny openings that pass this matter into the bloodstream where it can trigger an inflammatory response. Glycine is used to produce glutathione, an antioxidant that prevents cell damage and several signs of aging. So overall, glycine helps with sleep quality, blood sugar stabilization, aging, collagen and joint health, mental performance, and increased muscle mass.
- L-lysine is an essential amino acid, meaning it cannot be synthesized in the body and must be ingested daily. It contributes to protein- and enzyme-synthesis. Amino acids reduce catabolism. L-lysine may be involved in the cellular absorption, regulation, and utilization of calcium. L-lysine has an inhibitory effect on the multiplication of herpes simplex type 1 virus in vitro.